Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Attempt


Early this morning thru twitter trends I first heard the news of Eunice Kennedy Shriver's death. I have for a relative short time in my life come to admire and dearly love this woman for what she had started many years ago. Way before it was the norm she did something that we all do every day, she looked out for her sibling, (Rosemary Kennedy) who was disabled. As a person who lives with a close relative with a disability, I and many others related to her in a very personal way.

I know this is not in any way related to photography, even if I tried a convoluted way to make it about photography. But it is related to what I've committed this blog to be and that is about how I see and frame things, and having a family member with a disability will influence the way you see life much more than any other factors around you. To that end, I find her approach and actions were of great significance to the whole of society.

So today I sat down at my computer chair and looking at the news for the day came across this great article about Eunice Kennedy Shriver that put it all together for me. The attempt in it's self says it all doesn't it.

I hope this post gives a little more light to how I frame things in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment